Follow Socks

You ever notice how your socks seem to run off...completely disappear? This is their story. The story of your favorite pair that got away.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Craig's List & Marshalls

I decided to take my hunt for a place to crash during Lollapalooza to Craig's List Chicago.
I posted a brief description about myself under "Housing Wanted."
These were a few of the responses I received...
--
Steve lastnamewitheld
to hous-183174229--

generous guy here with big house in lincoln park

we might be able to work things out where i wouldn't need any rent

let me know if interested

$teve
--
(This is beyond shady. Work things out? What could he possibly be implying? Maybe water his plants? Take out the garbage? He even signs his name Steve with a dollar sign.)
--

Hi, are you still looking for a place?
I might be able to accomodate you. I am about 3 blocks from Grant Park. Let me know.

Thanks!
Yin
--
(This was the one. I'm not sure if it's my thing for asian girls or that her apartment is three blocks from the festivities, but I'm excited about this one. I wrote her back, then we talked on the phone. She said she thought this would work out but that she had to first clear it with her roommate. I'll update you tomorrow. Very excited about this one!)
--

I received seven other responses.
All seemed like very cool people.
I decided not to respond and keep my fingers crossed about Yins place.
I like the idea of crashing with a complete stranger.
It mixes things up. Adds a little adventure, a twist. Who knows what I'll walk into.


Today was a funny day all around.
People started to call me about my Marshalls back to school ad.
Appropriately busting on me.
The Internet ad is funny. I haven't seen the one in the newspapers or the stores yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yin said...

Hi it's Yin!
Michelle, Nicole and I look forwarding to seeing you in your hood soon!

I'm not on myspace, so here's my blog http://wandering-on-the-way.blogspot.com

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home